Please click here to view.
New IP Policy effective Jan. 10, 2018
A simplified University of Maryland Intellectual Property (IP) Policy went into effect on Jan. 10, 2018.
Key features of the new policy are summarized below:
- The policy now includes all UMD personnel.
- The new policy includes the term “Traditional Scholarly Works,” which states the creator owns the copyright whether the work is delivered on-line or in face-to-face-settings, except in certain situations.
- On-line courses are treated the same as any other copyrighted materials.
- Software is now included in the patent/invention section of the IP policy, as this section best reflects U.S. regulations of software.
- The revenue sharing process has been simplified to increase benefit to the inventor(s).
For a full copy of the policy, see:
For more information on revenue sharing under the current and former policies, see:
Please contact OTC with questions.
Please click here for the full story.
Did You Know
UMD's Neutral Buoyancy Research Facility, which simulates weightlessness, is one of only two such facilities in the U.S.