When to Contact OTC

If you find yourself in any of the following situations, please contact OTC so we can work together throughout the technology transfer and commercialization processes:

  • If you have developed an invention
  • If you are named as an inventor on a patent application filed by a company or a branch of the U.S. government
  • If you are asked to provide unpublished information or research results to a company
  • If you are going to publish a paper or give a presentation about a research project that may involve a new invention
  • If a company expresses a desire to license technology from your laboratory
  • If you already have or would like to start a company based on technology developed at the university

Please take the time to review OTC's standard invention disclosure form and keep it in mind when you are conducting research at the University. If you do invent a new or improved technology, complete the form and submit it to OTC.


social iconsFacebookTwitterLinkedInResearch News RSS Feed
Office of Technology Commercialization
2130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Dr.
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

Phone: 301-405-3947  |  Fax: 301-314-9502
Email: umdtechtransfer@umd.edu

© Copyright 2013 University of Maryland

Did You Know

UMD's Neutral Buoyancy Research Facility, which simulates weightlessness, is one of only two such facilities in the U.S.